Cricket/over throw

Question
A batsman played short to deep extra cover and come back for 2nd run mean while fielder picked up the ball and try to threw the ball towards the stumps but he thew it out the boundary ,while the ball went out of the ground batsman did not completed the 2nd runs(how many runs should be given to batsman?

Answer
Law 19.7 (iii) states that the run IN PROGRESS shall count only if the have CROSSED.

So it will be 5 or 6 runs depending on wherev the batsmen were at the INSTANT of the THROW.

Hopefully the umpire at the Striker's End will have had a good view and will be able to help his colleague.

Cricket

Colin Pearson