Cricket/To Get answer

Question
Sir My Question Is ... If the ball hits the pad first and then the bat and the fielder catches the ball irrespective of lbw..can the batsman be given caught out..?

Answer
I think one of your friends has already asked a similar question.  I gave the following answer:

Law 32.1 states:-
The striker is out Caught if a ball ... touches his bat without having previously been in contact with any fielder, and is subsequently held by a fielder as a fair catch before it touches the ground.

It makes no mention of hitting the striker's person first.  Consequently that fact can be ignored and the striker is out caught in the usual way.

Sometimes it is a bat-pad situation, which is fair.  Sometimes it jumps off his toe and hits his bat held a metre off the ground - which is very bad luck!  

Cricket

Colin Pearson