Cricket/The Bat

Respected Sir,

What are the definition of Type A , B and C bats ?

If when baller starts his run-up and at the same time the non-striker is sitting on the bat which is upright and grounded inside the popping crease using his hands for adjusting the helmet but both of his legs are outside the popping crease, then is he liable for the run-out by bowler ?

Mayur Wankhade.

G'day Mayur, Great questions, let me answer the 2nd one first.  He is NOT out. some part of his body is touching his bat , which is grounded behind the popping crease.  

simple definition of a,b,c bats is this: All bats may have commercial identifications on the blade. Type A and Type B bats may have no other covering on the blade except as permitted (repair or protection). Type C bats may have a cloth covering on the blade.

For the complete explanation read Law 6 The Bat.,1027,AR.

Hope i answered your questions in such a way that you found them useful.
Kind Regards

Edward Fox

General Cricket questions about teams ,grounds, players and Cricket Trivia. Cricket Umpiring questions covering all 42 laws. Cricket Captaining questions, Cricket Equipment questions.

I have been an avid cricket fan for over 30 years Played Cricket in Australia and USA. Captained WWXICC for last 5 years. Umpired for the last 5 years for Tri-State Cricket league (KS,OK,AK) Kansas Cricket Association President Wichita World XI CC President Built my own private Cricket field with artificial pitch. Launched a program to teach Adults & Children about Cricket, called Hot Shot Cricket launched a website for PE teachers to learn about Cricket

Kansas Cricket Association, Wichita World XI CC, United States Junior Cricket, United States Youth Cricket Association, Kansas Oklahoma Youth Cricket Association

Level 2 Certified Kansas Cricket Association Umpire (2005) Level 2 Certified Tri-State Cricket League Umpire (2008) Level 1 Certified Cricket Australia Coach (2009)

WWXICC Bowler of the year 2004,2006,2009