Cricket/How to become umpire

I am 36 years of age, working into IT sector. Considering the working hours of my existing job, is it possible to appear for umpiring exams, keep umpiring on local matches and reach to international level by age of 50 or so? Did you manage your career and umpiring in parallel?

Is it worth leaving the career behind and concentrate on umpiring as a profession?

Gautam Mahajan

Dear Gautam,
         I guess you have good passion on cricket.It depends on your intrest to leave your job and concentrate more on umpiring and you could also manage both of them by just umpiring in local club matches i.e league's in your surroundings coming under any affiliation to the state cricket association,or you better contact your state cricket association and find out more about umpiring examinations and professional umpiring.And i cannot assure you becoming an international umpire in the span of 15 years it all lies in you effort.

Come back to me if you have any more valuable doubts.

Sai Datta

All Types Of Questions On laws Of Cricket,Umpiring And Scoring.And Also Can Help You In Your Cricket Career.Queries Related To The Laws Of The Game.Anyone Feel Free To Ask Me,Always Available !

I Played Many First Class Matches Representing Hyderabad.I Am A First Class Umpire,I Have Been Working As A Umpire In The Hyderabad Cricket Association For The Past 23 Years.And Worked At Past As A Scorer For About 2 Years.

Hyderabad Cricket Association

I Have Done My Graduation From Loyola Degree College.And Not Opted For Higher Studies For The Love Of Cricket And To Pursue My Career In This Field.

I Have Been Awarded With The Senior Most Umpire And Many State Awards for My Umpiring And have Several Sets Of Them.Having The Best Domestic Umpire From The BCCI For 7 Years.