Cricket/Dead Ball

Question
QUESTION: Respected Sir,

Does ball become dead after it lodges in wicket-keepers pad ( or equipment )
other than protective helmet?

i could see in law 23 that , it covers lodging and trapping with equipment/clothing of batsmen's, umpires and protective helmet of fielder only.

It does'nt cover any lodging/trapping with wicket-keeper. Please elaborate.

ANSWER: Dear Mayur,

No it does not become dead on lodging in the pads of WK. Immediately he can get the ball and effect run out if the striker is outside the crease.  Only the ball becomes dead if it lodges in his helmet, because its a protective gear, rather then regular equipments.

Just you have to consider it dead only after both sides regard to cease the ball in play. But for a few seconds you have to consider it in play to give a chance to the fielding side if either batsman attempt to take any run.

So its again all your practical experience counts and comes into use your Law 43 for this. Love to answer your interesting questions, but due to hectic schedule I am unable to maintain my earlier regularity of answering your questions.

With regards,

Suhas Sapre (Baroda 07022013)

QUESTION: Respected Sir,

No worries sir that how often you answer the questions. The important thing is by making some through hectic schedule you are still doing the job you love to do most.
For this passion only you didn't opt for the promotion in your professional currier.

There are lot many questions to come from my side. And i promise you that one day i will gonna meet you while officiating some match and meet you in way that you will get surprised.

Thanks a lot ,
Mayur Wankhade.

Answer
Dear Mayur,

Thanks for the compliments and a word of praise. Such viewers and readers always boost up our morale in helping more and more people through this yahoo experts. I love this job and enjoying at the same time. I also thank Yahoo at the same time for giving me an opportunity to reach out to all cricket lovers around the world.

Regarding my personal career, now I have been promoted and posted at some 70 Km distance branch and have to commute. So this has made me difficult to attend day to day questions. Through this my viewers and readers will try to understand my circumstances. So I hope viewers will have patience to wait for my answers. I will try to answer them as soon as possible.

Thanks again for the same. Wish you all the best in your career and I wish you to become all professional umpire to lead from the front.

Suhas Sapre (Baroda 10022013)

Cricket

Suhas L Sapre