Cricket/The Bat

Mayur Wankhade wrote at 2013-03-25 07:26:14
Respected Edward Sir,

When i asked this question to you , i was not aware of the exact meaning of the "BAT" mentioned in the MCC law book . Then afterwards i have some R&D on it and come to know that where there is reference to BAT it means strictly "BAT HELD IN HAND OR IN THE GLOVES WORN IN HAND".

it means the batsman was not out since bat was not in his hand.

kindly correct me sir , if i am going wrong somewhere.

Mayur Wankhade.

Edward Fox

General Cricket questions about teams ,grounds, players and Cricket Trivia. Cricket Umpiring questions covering all 42 laws. Cricket Captaining questions, Cricket Equipment questions.

I have been an avid cricket fan for over 30 years Played Cricket in Australia and USA. Captained WWXICC for last 5 years. Umpired for the last 5 years for Tri-State Cricket league (KS,OK,AK) Kansas Cricket Association President Wichita World XI CC President Built my own private Cricket field with artificial pitch. Launched a program to teach Adults & Children about Cricket, called Hot Shot Cricket launched a website for PE teachers to learn about Cricket

Kansas Cricket Association, Wichita World XI CC, United States Junior Cricket, United States Youth Cricket Association, Kansas Oklahoma Youth Cricket Association

Level 2 Certified Kansas Cricket Association Umpire (2005) Level 2 Certified Tri-State Cricket League Umpire (2008) Level 1 Certified Cricket Australia Coach (2009)

WWXICC Bowler of the year 2004,2006,2009