Cricket/Remaking the wicket

Question
Respected Sir,

This is Mayur Wankhade from India, I have recently opt for the cricket umpiring and working as a Umpire for one of the Distric cricket association which is affilated to State Association In India.

Coming to my question,

If all the three stumps are out of ground then what need to be done to get the either batsmen run-out at that end?

My first impression is to remake the wicket as follows

1) as all the three stumps are out of ground , both the bails are also be grounded so no que of Law 28.2 ( One Bail off ) , which would be sufficient to put the wicket down.

2) As stated in law 28.3 ( remaking the wicket ) , i will  put back one or more stumps into the ground where the wicket originally stood.
As one is mentioned i will put one only and no bail.

Am i right? or i need to put there two stumps and and atleast 1 bail.?

Kindly elaborate on this,and please tell me the minimum requirement in which the wicket can be remake to get either batsmen out.
correct me if i am going wrong somewhere.

Answer
You are quite correct.  Replacing one stump is sufficient - and need not be upright.

NB Whilst ball is in play the stump should be replaced by the fielder NOT the umpire.  Indeed the umpire should be standing some distance away in order to get a good view of everything and out of the way of the fielders.

Obviously once the ball is dead, then the umpire has the responsibility to repair the wicket.

Cricket

Colin Pearson