Cricket/Things to note down on field

Respected Sir,

I used to note down the following things.

1) Call of Play ( time note down )
2) Call of Time ( time note down )
3) If play interrupted , then call of Play after resumption and the time at which play interrupted. ( times note down )
4) On field calculations of how much play lost till now at every 1 hour.
5) whats the over rate at every 45 min.
6) bowlers' bowling record . ( no of overs bowled and over no. bowled )
7) No of wickets fallen and the time of fall.
8) which batsman at which end at the fall of wicket or at the interruption of play and at the start of interval( call of Time )
9) Which bowler was bowling and from which end.

All the above things i wanted to note down every time , but i missed some of them at some occasions.

I wanted to know from you the best practice if any , that will help me to collect each and every of these things. Also let me know if something that is also important and i am missing it in the above list.

Following are the demo sheets i am trying to use recently on field.
Kindly suggest or modify it which you think that will be better than what i am showing here

Time calculation          Fielding Team :      

Waiting time calculation          
       |    Time off the field          |   waiting time

Mayur Wankhade.

Dear Mayur,

Its so nice of you to have covered almost all the required timings except a few miss out. But you have done an excellent job. Its all differ from Umpire to Umpire, how he adopts his own ideas and work out all these calculations. Some umpires I have found lethargic and leave it to their partners. But its all important to involve yourself totally with the game when you are officiating even a small match. Its a matter of practice and love for the job.

I would add what you missed out,

The time of any injured player leaving the field and when he returns. This timings are to be confirmed with  your colleague, when you decide to allow him to bowl after his return.

The particulars of New ball taken after which over and you have to note down the score etc.

When bowler is taking too long to complete his over, you need to note down his time to have a check on him. When you feel that particular bowler is taking too long to complete the over, you have to check and confirm with your colleague. This will help you to take any action under Unfair play.

At the start of any interval or interruption, you need to note down, the names of the striker to take strike and the bowler who bowled the last over and will not bowl after the end of interval / interruption and from which end over is to start / resume. The ball will be retained by the umpire from whose end the game is to resume after any interval / interruption.

Allowances to be noted while arriving the calculations of 90 overs per day, e.g. time to retrieve ball, medical treatment taken on the ground, any extra drinks taken by the batsmen, changing gears, etc..

There is lot of work to be done on the field of play, besides concentrating on each ball. So its a tough and challenging job, but this can be achieved through love and passion for the game.

I might have missed any points here, but whatever I recollect while answering your question, I have tried to put here.

With regards,

Suhas Sapre (Baroda 18022013)

Suhas L Sapre

I can help to give all questions regarding cricket laws, rules on both umpiring and cricket scoring. It will be a great pleasure to help any candidate who wants to clear the exam of BCCI. I can guide him how the questions are asked and the way they should be replied. I can also conduct classes for Cricket umpiring and scoring anywhere. I look forward to educate and promote local umpires in the days to come. I would help them to get through BCCI Level 1 exam.

I have been a state panel cricket umpire and doing umpiring for last 40 years and also a BCCI official national scorer since 2004, having done many International ODIs played at Baroda and many first class matches in Baroda. I have passed many state panel exams in both categories.

I was serving with State Bank of India, as an Officer, posted at Bodeli branch, some 65 Kmts from Baroda, having taken promotion in August 2012. I was thereafter transferred to Pavi Jepur Br, some 90 kmts from Baroda on 20/12/2013. Recently I have taken VRS from Bank as after becoming an officer I was facing lot of problems regarding leave to attend BCCI matches as a scorer and also Local umpiring and thus hampering my sporting activities. Now to enable me to spare more time for my passion, I have opted for VRS and was relieved on 30/01/2016 and now will look forward to enjoy my passion in the remaining years.Look forward to remain busy with cricketing activities for next one decade and more.Look forward to help my cricket colleagues. Look forward to give off my best services to my passion, which has taught me many more things and now I feel I must contribute towards the local cricket association, i.e. Baroda Cricket Association with all love and enthusiasm in the coming years.I feel proud to take VRS for the sake of my passion. Its a great feeling that I have taken a bold decision in the wake of my passion which has given me enjoyment and physical fitness to enjoy the game of cricket in the the days to come. Now I feel myself as a free bird and no tension. Look forward to help budding umpires.

Earlier I used to write in local newspaper but thereafter time has not permitted me to do so. I give my views over the controversial topic.

I am a degree holder of Commerce and having a reputed banking job in Baroda. Recently due to some personal problems and to fulfil my love and passion for the game of cricket I have opted volunteer retirement from the Bank service to enable me to do BCCI matches as an Official scorer in first class matches. Taking promotion in Bank and expecting leave for the matches was a major problem and that is one of the reasons to quit bank ahead of cricket.

I have passed several examination of cricket umpiring at State levels. I passed Mumbai cricket Association as well as Baroda Cricket Associations state exams. I had also cleared national written test of BCCI, but unfortunately sheer bad luck in viva and practical. I have also stood first in the Scorers' state level examinations at Saurashtra, exam conducted by Saurashtra Cricket Association and also stood first in Mumbai Cricket Association's Scorers' exam. I further cleared the BCCI national exam in the year 1994 held at Ahmedabad. In all I have officiated as an Umpire in more than 3500 matches, including T20, ODI, 3-4-5/days matches, 6-aside, double wicket tournaments, single wicket tournaments, and many more festival events and charity matches. I have also officiated as an official scorer in many first class cricket matches as well as almost all ODI matches played at the IPCL/ Reliance Cricket ground in Baroda. In all I have officiated as an official scorer in not less than 300 matches. I have been appointed a Sports Secretary of SBI in Baroda (2010 to 2012) I have been elected as one of the Umpires' committee of Baroda Cricket Association on 23.04.2012 Looking forward to take care of local umpires and will try to educate them. Recently I was privileged to conduct a 3-day cricket Umpires seminar on 7 to 9 September, 2012 along with Shri Sanjay Hazare, BCCI Elite panel cricket umpire. This was my first ever experience to conduct a seminar, which had almost 60 participants. I am thankful to the Baroda Cricket Association for giving me this opportunity. I have been honoured on many occasions with awards and certificates for my best umpiring. Recently on 13th February, 2014, I was invited as a Chief Guest by Amrut School in Halol, to celebrate the Annual Sports Day of their school.