Cricket/Time piece

Question
Respected Sir,

Which time piece (watch) would you suggest that umpire must refer on field.

digital or analog or combination of both ? What are the advantages for the specified one , if you can please share your experience on this if any.

Thanks,
Mayur Wankhade.

Answer
Ideally the time piece should be a "public" clock visible to the players.  If there is nothing suitable, then one of the umpires' watches should be nominated.

In all cases, I strongly recommend the use of a digital wristwatch, which I synchronise with the official clock.  I record the minutes and seconds at which a wicket falls (and other important incidents) so that I can be certain exactly how long it takes for the new batsman to arrive.

When it comes to the end of the match or session of play depending on time, then I would try to use the official clock.  

Cricket

Colin Pearson