Cricket/wicketkeeper

Question
If a wicketkeeper in attempting to run out a batsman/woman and his/her foot is touching the return crease while the stumps are broken with the bats/woman clearly out of their ground, is this out?

Answer
I am not quite sure whose foot is touching the return crease.

HOWEVER the Return crease is not relevant to anything other than the Bowler.

If the keeper has one foot on the Return Crease, then (s)he may be able physically reach the wicket to break it.  This is permitted.

If the batsman's foot is touching the Return Crease, then (s)he is probably in his/her ground.

To be in his Ground, then some part of his (bat in hand) or PERSON must be grounded behind the Popping Crease.

If the Popping Crease is marked correctly then it is further from the centre line than the Return Crease.  Consequently the marking of the Return Crease will only be visible at the back - within the batsman's ground.of the Return Crease.  

Cricket

Colin Pearson