Cricket/12 com

Question
sir i can not speak English but i can speak Hindi.
sir mereko cricketer bananahai to muje kya Karna padega.

Answer
Dear Vivek,

Thanks for your question. I regret you have not mentioned your place and age, which you should have mentioned for supporting my answer.

Not knowing English or any other language does not matter for becoming cricketer. But I would say that you will have advantage of knowing English language. I would like every child to take education in Medium English rather than any other language. Let us move to the point of becoming cricketer.

I would say very specific points for you to follow, which will help you to become a very good cricketer. Read and follow the following guidelines:-

1. Join any local cricket club and be regular to your practice session with passion and dedication
2. Be sincere and serious at the nets and watch other senior players and improve your skill
3. Natural talent and abilities get exposed when you have passion for the game.
4. Try to play more matches and perform in every match you play, whether you are a bowler or you are a batsman, you must perform accordingly.
5. Today's cricket is not limited to master any one aspect of the game, but it requires you to be at par. You must be an all rounder and an excellent fielder.
6. You must develop abilities like, concentration and patience. Concentration comes from within. You have to practice it by sitting in a meditation mood at place for hours together. You can develop this skill gradually.
7. You must start your innings by playing in V shape, i.e. you must play with straight bat and initially you must play your strokes between mid off and mid on. This will give you more confidence early in the innings. Once you settle down you can score runs with all confidence.
8. You must have target for each and every match to score runs. Once you get fifties, you must start a fresh innings and convert that 50 into century, and like that, you must score big scores for your sides.
9. Take all matches seriously and perform. Only performance counts and not the opposition. Scoring runs against minnows, too are invaluable.
10. Becoming cricketer, is not a joke. You must work for your fitness, too. Regular cricketing exercise and running is too important for your fitness.
11. You must have one mentor only, to whom you must respect and follow his advice. Don't take advice from many cricketers around. But don't ignore them, too.
12. Becoming cricketer requires, 60% hard work at the nets and 40% luck. Fortune favours the brave and that is why fortune will follow the hard and sincere work.
13. You must practice regularly and sincerely and let your performance speak and let your name get into the good books of the selectors. Let them follow you once you score heavily or taking wickets regularly.

Hope these tips you will like and follow with all interest and love for the game. In the end don't neglect English language, which you may need when you take up any other job in cricket in future. Remember my these words otherwise, you may miss the bus in future. So be bold be active and be sincere in whatever you do. Personal studies and career should also be taken care at the same time. Cricketing activities should be considered secondary and not primary. Career first then anything else.

Hope you will follow my tips and which will help you in shaping your career as a cricketer. May God bless you to achieve your dream.

Wish you all the best

Suhas Sapre (Baroda 24/03/2013)  

Cricket

Suhas L Sapre