if a bouncer ball went over the head of the batsman and it connected by the bat,can it called as a wide ball?

Under normal MCC Law 42.6(a)(ii) ANY ball over head height is a No ball, and it does not matter whether the striker hits it or not.

Unfortunately some games under ICC have special regulation which deems this height to justify a call of Wide Ball, which, presumably is cancelled by the hit.  I do not know any mor detail about ICC regulations.

Colin Pearson

Cricket umpiring and scoring. I can answer questions on MCC Laws of Cricket but not ICC and other special regulations, which are frequently changing. I cannot answer questions on careers as a cricket umpiring. For details of courses, visit (anywhere that has advertised), (UK only)

I passed The Association of Cricket Umpires and Scorers Full membership examinations in 1961 and have been an instructor since 1973, and examiner since 1977 and have undergone the first stage training as an Umpire Assessor for ECB Association of Cricket Officials. I was Chairman of Training Board for ACU&S from 1981 to 1997.

ECB Association of Cricket Officials British Computer Society Society of Expert Witnesses Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Rotary International

MA Hons Cantab 1966 DMS Part 1, 1975 Enterprise Reader (rtd), Staffordshire University)

Taylor Scholarship 1963 Life Vice President ACU&S 1998