Cricket/Law no 3 and 4 : correctness of scores

Question
Respected Sir,

I have some doubts about the correctness of scores

1) Whoes primary responsibility is this ? ( correctness of the scores )

2) what procedure umpire should adopt in case they consider the runs scored are incorrect ?

3) consider a scenario : Team A need 136 to win , scorers said 4 to win from 4 , team A won on the last ball scoring only 4 runs considering 136 target has reached , no overs remain now.
But after returning from the field it was cleared that Team A scored only 134 , they are still 2 runs short but the overs are correctly counted and not a single ball remain to bowl.

What to deal with such scenario ?
 ( Here overs are completed , if there are still some balls/overs left then we could ask the player to come back to filed to complete the match unless , Team B captain concedes defeat.)

4) What is the best practice to avoid such mis-scoring ?

Thanks,
Mayur Wankhade.

Answer
The Law 3.15 makes it quite clear that the responsibility lies with the umpires.

If in doubt,play a few more balls.

If you do come off, then find a mistake and there is time, then play should resume.

HOWEVER, I always ask the fielding captain if he agrees that he has lost BEFORE I call TIME.  He can have no complaint after that!!!

Cricket

Colin Pearson