Cricket/RUNOUT/STUMP

Question
If a batsman leaves a wide ball to a fast bowler , does not attempt a run but if he was on the crease can he be run-out if the wicket keeper hit the stumps.

Answer
Law 25 makes it quite clear that a Wide Ball does NOT offer any protection to the Striker.  he can be out in any way that is physically possible - compatible with being a Wide (eg he cannot be bowled, caught, LBW, hit ball twice)

Para 8 says "When Wide ball has been called, neither batsman shall be out under any of the Laws except 33 (Handled the ball), 35 (Hit wicket), 37 (Obstructing the field), 38 (Run out) or 39 (Stumped)."

If the keeper puts the wicket down without the intervention of another fielder and the striker is not attempting a run, then he is out Stumped.  If it had been a No Ball, then this would be Not Out.

If another fielder is involved, then he is Run Out.

Cricket

Colin Pearson