Cricket/No Ball - feet positions

Question
respected sir ,

From where can bowler deliver the ball ?

In one of the recent IPL match Polard deliver on ball in which his front -foot landed behind the bowling crease and his back-foot landed in front of the bowler's end umpire.

thanks,
mayur wankhade

Answer
on 10apr13, I answered a similar question on No Ball

no ball law
Question:   Can I bowl a valid ball from the back of the bowling crease.  will umpire can  call no ball if i won't touch or cross the back line of the crease?

Answer:   It is permitted to bowl a ball with both feet behind the Bowling Crease.

The umpire must be satisfied that the back foot is within the Return Crease even if it is not painted further back - not always easy.

Law 24.5 says:
For a delivery to be fair in respect of the feet, in the delivery stride
(a) the bowler’s back foot must land within and not touching the return crease appertaining to his stated mode of delivery.
(b) the bowler’s front foot must land with some part of the foot, whether grounded or raised

Law 9.4 says:
The return creases, which are the inside edges of the crease markings, shall be at right angles to the popping crease at a distance of 4 ft 4 in/1.32 m either side of the imaginary line joining the centres of the two middle stumps. Each return crease shall be marked from the popping crease to a minimum of 8 ft/2.44 m behind it and shall be considered to be unlimited in length.

Cricket

Colin Pearson