Cricket/Law 42.6 and 42.7

Question
QUESTION: Respected Sir ,

i was watching an IPL match in which bowler bowls the waist height no ball to Dinesh Karthik. Respected Mr Shamshuddin was at bowler's end . He judged the ball as above waist height and given a no ball soon on his own without looking towards the square leg partner Respected Mr Vineet Kulkarni.

On this fielding captain Kohli objects to Mr Shamshuddin that how can you judge that NO ball since Vineet Kulkarni didnt give that.

My question is , does this goes into jurisdiction of square leg umpire only ? can't bowlers end umpire also judge on his own ?

this happen to me also in one of the local match when i was at bowler's end and judge one delivery above waist height and given NO BALL on my own without taking inputs from square leg position. Though i looked towards him but before that only i raised my arm horizontally in no time.

Kindly give your words on this

Thanks,
Mayur Wankhade.

ANSWER: Dear Mayur,

Looks so easy but so tought.

The decision of no ball in this case, can be given by either umpire. But you should work like a team. But once it is given such a No ball, you cannot put your colleague in an embarrassing position  rather then accepting his decision of call of  a No ball.

I believe either umpire should call it No ball and both the umpires need to agree with each other irrespective of the facts on the ground. You must watch each other before calling and signalling No ball. But if the bowler's end umpire is sure and if he has to wait for his colleague to agree with him, it will be too late for him to decide on the facts before him. So once you call it a No ball, the other umpire must agree to that and must learn to accept it.

So one should not worry about who calls it, but once it is called a no ball both should agree to that and should learn to accept it.

Hope you understand how important is your practical experience!

With best wishes,

Suhas Sapre (Baroda 17/04/2013)

QUESTION: Respected Sir,

Perfectly accepted and also coinside with my thinking :)

just sad part was in my case my partner was not that matured and he was not convinced with my decision . then i have to handle it in another way and i got relief finally . its always been a team work rather than an individual . u have to respect and support your colleague in every possible way . if contradiction occurs , then it become difficult to overcome it .

Thanks for your wonderful explanation.
Perfect answer for the perfect question !

i am learning a lot now-a-days on filed and also my study is going on.

every time will come to you for any queries if any ! thanks for your continuous support and efforts for answering my questions.

i have also sent some of my snaps to your yahoo mail id from  kindly go through it and reply me your comments

thanks,
Mayur Wankhade.

Answer
Dear Mayur,

Thanks and keep it up with all consistency and passion. Its a team work and each one of us has to correct and agree with what going on on the field of play.  Don't discuss any decision given by either of you on the ground but do discuss it later on over a cup of tea/coffee, but remember never discuss it any time later on with any player involved or not involved with the game. Don't explain on the ground, regarding any decision. Must keep distance between players and umpires.

Once again thank you and enjoy your career. With best wishes,

Suhas Sapre (Baroda 19/04/2013

Cricket

Suhas L Sapre