Cricket/Penalty Runs

Question
If a batsman plays a shot and a fielder fields and when the ball by mistake touches the fielder's cap, How many runs will be given as penalty? 5 runs or 5+ the number of runs taken by the batsman.

Answer
Dear Vinayak,
         According To The ICC Rules When The Fielder Purposely Uses His Cap To Stop The Ball Then 5 Runs Penalty Is Awarded To The Batting Side But when In Touches The Cap Of The Fielder By Mistake No Runs Are Awarded To The Batting Side.

Get Back To Me If You Are Uncleared And Make Sure You Rate The Answer.

Cricket

Sai Datta