Cricket/Umpire

Question
Swapnil, Pune.

Thank You Sir for your reply for my queries. I have read all your answers for the other students. I absolutely agree to the points you stated in that…
After reading the answer I had some more quires about the proceedings.. You replied that I should enroll my name in the MCA office for the next procedure. Even I tried to enrolled my name, but a very poor response was there from the office. As you stated that the exams are conducted every alternate year, the office member told me that the exams in Pune city are conducting in minimum 4 years.. Sir, what should I do now? Should I wait for the MCA, Pune office enrollment, or try for MCA, Mumbai Office??
Sir, I am not getting the dates of the Level One exams. Will please tell me time of the exam? So I can plan it out for the preparation of the exams with my Engineering Studies… Sir, the book you stated “Tom Smith Cricket and Scoring” is applicable to Level 1 exam or some other level exams too?? The book is not available any of the sports boutique in Pune city. I search many of the shops for that. Now where can I get that book??
Sir you told that we can try for different BCCI centres to apply from North India. I am planning to do that.. Please will you suggest any of the centres to apply for??? Which would be the better option for the opportunity and experience??
Sir, what is the difference in the Level 1 and GL6 exams??
Sir as you told that there should be the one mentor in our career for the learning process.. I would be extremely happy to have you as my Mentor.. Sir can we have a meeting some other day or a contact.. Please Sir it’s a request from your student.
Thank You Sir.
Swapnil.
9595245728.

Answer
Dear Swapnil,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I came to know that you did not find any book on Umpiring. I would like you to visit Mr. Theo Bregenza, at Marine Sports, Gokhale Road (North), Dadar, Mumbai. I am sure you will get both TOM SMITH as well as pocket book. The book will cost you almost Rs.1000/-. I am sure you will purchase it from Mr. Bregenza, who is my Guru in Cricket Scoring.

Dates of BCCI level-1 exam are not available at present, but it is very much expected this year. So you must read and study the Laws and should be ready if it is held at short notice. You have to read and understand 42 Laws with Law 43 common sense.

You just give in writing to your cricket association that you have played cricket and would like to serve the association as an umpire. You just apply with your full profile. I am sure they will register your name. Also get in touch with some local umpires who will do help you to join MCA.

And for any help regarding any doubts on umpiring questions, you can get back to me any time.

Suhas Sapre (Baroda 19/04/2013)

Cricket

Suhas L Sapre