Cricket/Stands Named within Stadiums in Honoring Cricketers.

Question
Dear Sai

As a example in Wankhede Cricket Stadium, Mumbai, there are specific stands named after Great Cricketers example : Sunil Gavaskar Stand, Sachin Tendulkar Stand, Vijay Merchant Stand.

Is it the Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA), Board of Cricket Control of India (BCCI) or Wankhede Stadium Authorities have given the recommendation for naming those specific stands ?.

In Case, Some stands within the Feroz  shah Kotla Stadium, Delhi are to be named as Kapil Dev Stand, Mohinder Amarnath Stand, Sehwag Stand etc is it the Delhi Cricket Association / Board, Board of Cricket Control of India (BCCI) or Kotla Stadium Authorities will give the recommendation ?.

In Case, Some stands within the Chinnaswamy  Stadium, Delhi are to be named as Anil Kumble Stand, Prasanna Stand, Vishwanath Stand, Dravid Stand etc is it the Bangalore Cricket Association / Board, Board of Cricket Control of India (BCCI) or Chinnaswamy Stadium Authorities will give the recommendation ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Dear Prasahnt,
         bcci has nothing to do with naming the stands but it is the local cricket associations that decide the what to name the stands or maybe sometimes BCCI might reccommend to put up the names of legendry cricketers but it in the end it is the local association which decides the proposal.

Cricket

Sai Datta