Cricket/ask a question for run out

sir ..
if bowler starting a boll n non striker started running then a bowler hit stumpd without he bowled and batsman is over the line.......
is he run out?

If the Non-Striker leaves his ground too soon, then the Bowler may Run him Out.

What is "too soon"?

MCC Law 42.15 says that the Bowler must do it "before entering his delivery stride".

ICC have a different special regulation which allows the Bowler a fraction of a second longer - sorry I do not have a copy of their exact playing conditions.

Colin Pearson

Cricket umpiring and scoring. I can answer questions on MCC Laws of Cricket but not ICC and other special regulations, which are frequently changing. I cannot answer questions on careers as a cricket umpiring. For details of courses, visit (anywhere that has advertised), (UK only)

I passed The Association of Cricket Umpires and Scorers Full membership examinations in 1961 and have been an instructor since 1973, and examiner since 1977 and have undergone the first stage training as an Umpire Assessor for ECB Association of Cricket Officials. I was Chairman of Training Board for ACU&S from 1981 to 1997.

ECB Association of Cricket Officials British Computer Society Society of Expert Witnesses Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Rotary International

MA Hons Cantab 1966 DMS Part 1, 1975 Enterprise Reader (rtd), Staffordshire University)

Taylor Scholarship 1963 Life Vice President ACU&S 1998