Cricket/Field restriction

Question
Sir, if the fielding side starts their innings with only nine players or less, in such a situation can umpires allow two fielders outside inner circle or should all the players remain inside inner circle during first block of power play?

Answer
This will depend on the wording of the special regulations for each particular competition.

Some say "not more than 2 players outside" and others say "at least 9 players inside".  If it is the latter, then that is very unfortunate for a side with fewer players.  

If I were writing regulations, then I would prefer the former.

Cricket

Colin Pearson