Cricket/Stumping rule

Question
If the batsman is walking down the pitch for a fast bowler then what is the rule if the wicket keeper walks up to the stumps and the batsman misses the ball and wicket keeper stumps.

Is it out ?? or Wicket keeper cannot walk up to stumps even if the batsman walks during bowler run up.

Answer
Law 40.4 says "It is unfair if the wicket-keeper standing back makes a significant movement towards the wicket after the ball comes into play and before it reaches the striker. In the event of such unfair movement by the wicket-keeper, either umpire shall call and signal Dead ball.

It will not be considered a significant movement if the wicket-keeper moves a few paces forward for a slower delivery."

The umpire will have to judge each case on its merits.  Depending on where the keeper started from, I would regard three steps as about the maximum allowed.  There is already a discussion on http://nompere.proboards.com

Cricket

Colin Pearson