Cricket/Umpiring as a Profession

Question
QUESTION: Dear Sir,

This is Hemang Shah. It has been amazing reading your responses to the questions raised by people.

I want to take Umpiring as a Profession. Can you help me in this. I am an engineer. What is the future scope ?

Is there any study material available to enable me to prepare for the same ?

Please help.

Thanks.

ANSWER: hi hemang...

thank u, well as you are interested in taking it as profession i would like to tell you that in India umpiring is semi-profession, so first we should concentrate on our basic work and then on umpiring once you reach bcci-ranji level then you can opt it as profession.

i your case try to get in touch with local assn. or mah.cricket assn. in pune where they run courses for umpires and they will help you in achieving your goal.

regards
rkr

QUESTION: Thank You sir for your response.

Currently I am working in Larsen & Toubro Limited. Yes so i will work as a semi professional.

But sir, Is there any Study Material so that I can view and study the same.

Please help me with the same.

Hemang Shah.

Answer
hi

the material i would suggest is the most important one MCC Law book, then open learning manual and try to buy tomsmith cricket umpiring and scoring.

the first 2 are available on LORDS.ORG site, and the last one is available on amozon.in

regards
rkr

Cricket

RKR Chirra