Cricket/Law 38 Run Out

Question
Respected Sir,

I have 4 cases of bowler trying to get striker run out,who is standing in his normal stance out of his ground to receive delivery.

in all the following cases assume that bowler successfully put down the striker's end wicket by the ball thrown by him.

1) Attempting run and bowler throws before entering delivery stride.
   ( whether striker Run out or not ? )

2) Not-attempting run and bowler throws before entering delivery stride. ?

3) Attempting run and bowler throws after entering delivery stride. ?

4) Not-attempting run and bowler throws after entering delivery stride. ?

Thanks,
Mayur Wankhade

Answer
1) Out - the classic situation covered by Law 42.16 and Law 24.4 If the bowler throws the ball towards the strikerís end before entering his delivery stride, either umpire shall call and signal No ball. See Law 42.16 (Batsmen stealing a run) -

Law 38.1 says ... batsman is out Run out ... if, at any time while the ball is in play,
(i) he is out of his ground,
and (ii) his wicket is fairly put down by the action of a fielder.
         [Bowler is still considered a fielder until he enters his delivery stride]
(b) (a) above shall apply even though No ball has been called and whether or not a run is being attempted

2) ditto

3) Not Out - Law 38.2 (b) the ball has not subsequently been touched by a fielder, after the bowler has entered his delivery stride, before the wicket is put down.

4) ditto

Cricket

Colin Pearson