Cricket/Answer for a Cricket Law

Dear Sir,

If a fielder is running to stop a boundary or Six is it a six or boundary can be given for the below incident.
. Fielder touch the boundary rope first & jump to the air & take the catch.(He is not toching the rope or out side ground while he taking the catch)& he jumps into the ground. is this a six or can be given out? Pls confirm.

Dear Dimuthu,
         sorry for delaying in answering your question because i was out of station. according to the recent change of laws by Mcc(Icc) a fielding team player has the right to even cross the boundary line, jump and catch the ball and in your instance it is out because the player is not in contact with the area after the boundary or the boundary line but the ball is in hand so the batsmen is declared out.

Sai Datta

All Types Of Questions On laws Of Cricket,Umpiring And Scoring.And Also Can Help You In Your Cricket Career.Queries Related To The Laws Of The Game.Anyone Feel Free To Ask Me,Always Available !

I Played Many First Class Matches Representing Hyderabad.I Am A First Class Umpire,I Have Been Working As A Umpire In The Hyderabad Cricket Association For The Past 23 Years.And Worked At Past As A Scorer For About 2 Years.

Hyderabad Cricket Association

I Have Done My Graduation From Loyola Degree College.And Not Opted For Higher Studies For The Love Of Cricket And To Pursue My Career In This Field.

I Have Been Awarded With The Senior Most Umpire And Many State Awards for My Umpiring And have Several Sets Of Them.Having The Best Domestic Umpire From The BCCI For 7 Years.