QUESTION: Hey Suhas Ji,

Though this is quite a difficult question to answer, I hope you'd give the best possible answer to the following:
1. The best test batsmen (please rate) among the following regarding performance, ability and ability to survive and help your team:
I. Sachin Tendulkar
II. Rahul Dravid
III. Brian Lara
IV. Ricky Ponting
V. Steve Waugh

2. The best test bowler (please rate) among the following regarding performance, skills and ability to help your team:
I. Wasim Akram
II. Curtley Ambrose
III. Glen McGrath
IV. Shane Warne
V. Mutiah Muralitharan

Kindest regards

ANSWER: Hi Gaurav,

This is a debatable question and everybody would go by their personal opinion. I don't believe in comparison since everybody has his own days to perform in a different condition, whether and playing condition, too. Earlier days, there used to be different rules and regulations and there used to be no best of equipments for players to protect themselves from dangerous bowling. But these players have almost played together in the same era, so let me opine who is on top.

But still I would go by the following

1  Sachin Tendulkar  - Brave, cool and aggressive cricketer
2. Brian Lara        - More stylish and attacking
3. Steve Waugh       - A fighting, cool minded and brilliant cricketer
4  Ricky Ponting     - A very formidable and game planning cricketer
5. Rahul Dravid      - The best defensive and great technical oriented batsman

1. Shane Wanre       - One of the best bowlers, great spinner and very clean action
2. Glen Macgrath     - A very accurate and attacking bowler, a penetrative bowler
3. Wasim Akram       - Very nice run up action and brilliant bowler
4. Courtley Ambrose  - Very terrific bowler and brilliant length and line
5. Mutian Murlidharan- A nice bowler, but for his action I would not rank him among the best

I have tried to give off my best answer and tried to put them in that level. But I am not maser of the game.

With regards,

Suhas Sapre (baroda 20/09/2013)

QUESTION: Hey Suhas Ji, thank you so much for your reply and yes Sachin vs Lara is debatable (people might have personal favorites between them). I'd like to some more tough questions. Hope you don't mind. Please take your time. Best batsman (with rating among the following):
1. Viv Richards
2. Sunil Gavaskar
3. Greg Chappell
4. Javed Miandad
5. David Gower

Best bowlers (please rate):
1. Malcolm Marshall
2. Joel Garner
3. Richard Hadlee
4. Dennis Lillee
5. Imran Khan

Kindest regards

ANSWER: Hi Gaurav,

Very enthusiasm about rating top batsmen and bowler. But still Its difficult to comment and give rating. Everybody has his own ways of greatness. The era they played was different for all the cricketers. Everybody had a different batting order.

But still I would try to give off my best opinion based on what I had seen and knew about those cricketers.

1.  Sunil Gavaskar      Elegant batsman, stylish, and nobody can beat his techinic of
         facing both fast bowlers and best of spinners in the world I would
         have loved to see the battle between Sunny and Shane Warne. It would
         have been great to watch. Playing without fear, without helmet and
         could score on any given ground. He is a legend of Indian cricket.

2.  Viv Richards        Most aggressive and attacking middle order batsman
3.  Javed Miandad
4.  Greg Chappell
5.  David Gower

1.   Richard Hadlee
2.   Imran Khan
3.   Malcolm Marshall
4.   Dennis Lillee
5.   Joel Garner

Thanks. Regardsb

Suhas Sapre (Baroda 24/09/2013)

QUESTION: Please let me ask this question on ratings Suhas Ji. I know these are damn difficult to answer. I also know that these cricketers played in different eras. But if possible, please reply:
Sachin Tendulkar, Brian Lara, Sunil Gavaskar, Vivian Richards and Gary Sobers.

Glen McGrath, Shane Warne, Fred Trueman (England), Dennis Lillee and Richard Hadlee.

Please reply to the extent possible. Regards

Hi Gaurav,

I rate them as follows:

1. Sunil Gavaskar

2. Sachin Tendulkar

3. Brian Lara

4. Viv Richards

5. Gary Sobers (Should not be compared here as he was a great all rounder and he can be compared only with J Kallis of South Africa

Shane Warne

Richard Headlee

Glen McGrath,

Fred Trueman (England),

Dennis Lillee

Hope this may meet your choice.

Suhas Sapre (Baroda 26/09/2013)

Suhas L Sapre

I can help to give all questions regarding cricket laws, rules on both umpiring and cricket scoring. It will be a great pleasure to help any candidate who wants to clear the exam of BCCI. I can guide him how the questions are asked and the way they should be replied. I can also conduct classes for Cricket umpiring and scoring anywhere. I look forward to educate and promote local umpires in the days to come. I would help them to get through BCCI Level 1 exam.

I have been a state panel cricket umpire and doing umpiring for last 40 years and also a BCCI official national scorer since 2004, having done many International ODIs played at Baroda and many first class matches in Baroda. I have passed many state panel exams in both categories.

I was serving with State Bank of India, as an Officer, posted at Bodeli branch, some 65 Kmts from Baroda, having taken promotion in August 2012. I was thereafter transferred to Pavi Jepur Br, some 90 kmts from Baroda on 20/12/2013. Recently I have taken VRS from Bank as after becoming an officer I was facing lot of problems regarding leave to attend BCCI matches as a scorer and also Local umpiring and thus hampering my sporting activities. Now to enable me to spare more time for my passion, I have opted for VRS and was relieved on 30/01/2016 and now will look forward to enjoy my passion in the remaining years.Look forward to remain busy with cricketing activities for next one decade and more.Look forward to help my cricket colleagues. Look forward to give off my best services to my passion, which has taught me many more things and now I feel I must contribute towards the local cricket association, i.e. Baroda Cricket Association with all love and enthusiasm in the coming years.I feel proud to take VRS for the sake of my passion. Its a great feeling that I have taken a bold decision in the wake of my passion which has given me enjoyment and physical fitness to enjoy the game of cricket in the the days to come. Now I feel myself as a free bird and no tension. Look forward to help budding umpires.

Earlier I used to write in local newspaper but thereafter time has not permitted me to do so. I give my views over the controversial topic.

I am a degree holder of Commerce and having a reputed banking job in Baroda. Recently due to some personal problems and to fulfil my love and passion for the game of cricket I have opted volunteer retirement from the Bank service to enable me to do BCCI matches as an Official scorer in first class matches. Taking promotion in Bank and expecting leave for the matches was a major problem and that is one of the reasons to quit bank ahead of cricket.

I have passed several examination of cricket umpiring at State levels. I passed Mumbai cricket Association as well as Baroda Cricket Associations state exams. I had also cleared national written test of BCCI, but unfortunately sheer bad luck in viva and practical. I have also stood first in the Scorers' state level examinations at Saurashtra, exam conducted by Saurashtra Cricket Association and also stood first in Mumbai Cricket Association's Scorers' exam. I further cleared the BCCI national exam in the year 1994 held at Ahmedabad. In all I have officiated as an Umpire in more than 3500 matches, including T20, ODI, 3-4-5/days matches, 6-aside, double wicket tournaments, single wicket tournaments, and many more festival events and charity matches. I have also officiated as an official scorer in many first class cricket matches as well as almost all ODI matches played at the IPCL/ Reliance Cricket ground in Baroda. In all I have officiated as an official scorer in not less than 300 matches. I have been appointed a Sports Secretary of SBI in Baroda (2010 to 2012) I have been elected as one of the Umpires' committee of Baroda Cricket Association on 23.04.2012 Looking forward to take care of local umpires and will try to educate them. Recently I was privileged to conduct a 3-day cricket Umpires seminar on 7 to 9 September, 2012 along with Shri Sanjay Hazare, BCCI Elite panel cricket umpire. This was my first ever experience to conduct a seminar, which had almost 60 participants. I am thankful to the Baroda Cricket Association for giving me this opportunity. I have been honoured on many occasions with awards and certificates for my best umpiring. Recently on 13th February, 2014, I was invited as a Chief Guest by Amrut School in Halol, to celebrate the Annual Sports Day of their school.