Cricket/law 2 n 3

Question
QUESTION: Respected sir,

Hope you have enjoyed arrival of ganesha yesterday.

I have few questions
1) for which injury you will provide runner to a batsman ?
2) how can batsman at wicket appeal for bad light ?

Thanks
Mayur wankhade

ANSWER: Dear Mayur,

Thanks for your questions.

As far as runners are concerned the Law is now amended and no runner is allowed in any kind of tournament henceforth.

Batsman too cannot appeal against bad light, as umpires are now the only final judges to decide with the given electronic device, regarding bad light. Only umpires will decide and offer bad light to the batsmen. If they continue, and still further if both umpires find the condition is so bad that it would cause any serious injury to players, will stop the match on their own.

Hope you are aware about this, but I do not understand why you have come out with the questions which are recently amended and scrapped from the Laws.

With best wishes,

Suhas Sapre (Baroda 14/09/2013)

QUESTION: Respected sir,

You rightly guessed that I am aware of these amendments. I just asked these questions because these are still asked in local exams. Questioner expected following answers.
1) for external blow since the nomination
2) batsmen at wicket can request regarding bad light but umpires will be sole judges to decide on it.

I would like to confirm these answers with you. Ofcorse we both are aware of these related laws.
But my intention to ask u these questions was with respect to exams. As such questions.

I have also forwarded you copy of 5th edition of laws. Provision for runner is still there with some amendments in law 2.8.

Thanks
Mayur

ANSWER: Dear Mayur,

Your answers are correct and regarding these Laws, the local association should be clear on such related rules, whether such questions should be answered according to the latest amendment or not. Since local tournaments go with the BCCI playing conditions, why should they ask such questions which are not related to present amended Laws.

I received the 5th edition of laws, but rule regarding Runner is yet not fully discarded just because it has got place for certain opinions from across the world and only then and then they can make the final amendment in the Law book.

As per the old rules, the batsmen at the crease will decide and may appeal-against bad light and if both the umpires are not satisfied then only  they will refuse and play will continue, second appeal only may be upheld only if the conditions deteriorates further only then umpires will uphold the appeal.

Hope you enjoyed Lord Ganesh utsave and celebration with all gaiety. May Lord Ganesha showers His blessing to your success.

Suhas Sapre (Baroda 18/09/2013)

QUESTION: Respected Sir,

Yes , i have enjoyed Ganesh Festival here at Pune. Its been amazing experience since last 5-6 years enjoying Ganesh festival. i am staying here at pune since last 6 years and enjoying puneri culture and weather. People are also nice and helping here :) I am enjoying my both the professions i.e umpiring and software profession. As you said , I hope Lord will shower his blessing in my umpiring career as i progress and he will must if i am doing sincere and honest work.

Thanks for your regular basis answers and discussions with me. It means lot for me. I will definitely pay you back one day for it , please trust :)

Thanks
Mayur Wankhade.

Answer
Hi Mayur,

Thanks and lot could be learnt by exchanging lot of things. The more you share the more your knowledge increases. I believe in sharing and try to learn from others too. So thanks for nice words. When you achieve your goal I will be paid everything by you. Its great and I love you to progress and reach your goal

With best wishes,

Suhas Sapre (Baroda 22/09/2013)

Cricket

Suhas L Sapre