Cricket/umpire exam

QUESTION: sir im bala and im 23 years old and im from theni.
i like to start my career as umpire.. so i have some doubts in it those are
1) is there any qualification criteria like experience or education to attempt level 1 exam?
2) if i got pass in first level exam will i get matches regularly or its upto my personal risk??
3) how much i get paid for local matches??
4) im 23 years old, whether i need any job or umpiring is only enough to run my family?

ANSWER: dear bala,
         you dont need any educational qualification to start umpiring but it's minimum that you should be fluent in english.And yes you need experience to write the level-1 exam.when you first approach your local association for the post of an umpire they will conduct a simple basic course of rules of the game and conduct the exam and after passing out they will appoint you in the local leagues and after a series of games umpired and based on your performence the local association will recommend you o the level-1 exam and you need to pass it with 80 %.yes if you pass the level-1 exam you'l get posted in the certain matches during the cricket season.writing the level-1 exam and planning to got to the higher levels is some what taking it as a professional job and i guess it's sufficient for a single a state match elite pannel of umpires get paid Rs.15000 per match and plate pannel of umpires get about Rs.10000 per match.but the fees of a umpire in the local leagues depends on the state association.

QUESTION: thank u for ur answer sir it was helpful to me...
as im from theni in tamilnadu where i need to approach for starting my umpiring career??
is there any particular period of year to approach??

Dear Bala,
         the governing cricket council for tamil nadu is TNCA(tamil nadu cricket association)and head quaters located at chennai so if you are living in chennai it isn't difficult to join the course directly into the main association but if are in the other districts then there will be a district cricket association over there and every district will have a cricket you could know more details of the bcci umpiring examination if you could contact them.

Sai Datta

All Types Of Questions On laws Of Cricket,Umpiring And Scoring.And Also Can Help You In Your Cricket Career.Queries Related To The Laws Of The Game.Anyone Feel Free To Ask Me,Always Available !

I Played Many First Class Matches Representing Hyderabad.I Am A First Class Umpire,I Have Been Working As A Umpire In The Hyderabad Cricket Association For The Past 23 Years.And Worked At Past As A Scorer For About 2 Years.

Hyderabad Cricket Association

I Have Done My Graduation From Loyola Degree College.And Not Opted For Higher Studies For The Love Of Cricket And To Pursue My Career In This Field.

I Have Been Awarded With The Senior Most Umpire And Many State Awards for My Umpiring And have Several Sets Of Them.Having The Best Domestic Umpire From The BCCI For 7 Years.