Cricket/No Ball or Dead Ball

Question
Scenario is  :
The bowler delivers, the umpire calls No Ball for the 3rd time for chucking. However, before the ball reaches the striker, the striker withdraws due to a movement behind the bowlers arm. What actions needs to be taken ?

I guess , as the bowler throws the ball , first thing the umpire would call and signal No Ball. But after the ball delivered , the batsman withdraws & he has not attempted to play it , that mean it should be called as Dead ball..?

So here what should take the precedence No Ball or Dead Ball & whether its need to suspend the bowled for 3rd time chucking ?

Thanks for your help.

Ganesh

Answer
A very interesting question which is not directly addressed by MCC Law.

However I have sought another opinion and we both agree that the seriousness of the bowler's offence, which occurred before the striker pulled away, should stand and he be punished accordingly.

Indeed it is possible that the action, coupled with the umpire's call, may have added to the striker's distraction.

If this actually happened in a match, you can obtain an official MCC ruling from  <Fraser.Stewart@mcc.org.uk>

Please let me know what reply you get.

PS: I have also put the question on http://nompere.proboards.com

Cricket

Colin Pearson