Cricket/end on match final score

Question
in a one day game if a team is required to get eg. 100 ,if they are 99 and hit a boundary did they make 103 or 101 similarly does the batsman get credited with a 4or a 1 ?
If a batsman is 98 and the team needs 200 to win and they are 199 is it possible for the batsman to get to 100 without hitting a boundary i.e run 2 or is it game over after 1 run ?

Answer
Law 21.6 explains that once the winning run is scored, nothing else counts.

If the team is on 99 chasing 100 then:
- if both batsmen complete one run before the ball crosses the boundary, then total is 100
- if ball reaches boundary first, then total 103

In second scenario, the match ends when 200 are scored and the striker will be left on 99 unless he hits boundary.  

Cricket

Colin Pearson