Cricket/No Ball or Dead Ball

Ganesh wrote at 2014-10-10 06:20:10
Hi Colin, thanks for your inputs. Actually this is not a real scenario but more of a hypothetical, but with cricket you never know. As this one is not a straight or covered by any mcc laws, I guess as an umpire we have to use commence sense supported by some logic rather saying this 100% right or wrong.

I will shoot a mail to Fraser and lets see his views on the same. Thanks.  

Colin Pearson

Cricket umpiring and scoring. I can answer questions on MCC Laws of Cricket but not ICC and other special regulations, which are frequently changing. I cannot answer questions on careers as a cricket umpiring. For details of courses, visit (anywhere that has advertised), (UK only)

I passed The Association of Cricket Umpires and Scorers Full membership examinations in 1961 and have been an instructor since 1973, and examiner since 1977 and have undergone the first stage training as an Umpire Assessor for ECB Association of Cricket Officials. I was Chairman of Training Board for ACU&S from 1981 to 1997.

ECB Association of Cricket Officials British Computer Society Society of Expert Witnesses Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Rotary International

MA Hons Cantab 1966 DMS Part 1, 1975 Enterprise Reader (rtd), Staffordshire University)

Taylor Scholarship 1963 Life Vice President ACU&S 1998