Cricket/Power Play Fielding Rules if a team playing with 9 Players

Question
Mr. Colin Pierson,

As per law 1.1.2, a team can play the match with 9 players.

If a team is playing with 9 players what are the rules applicable for Power Play 1 & 2.

Normally in Power play 1, only 2 fielders are allowed outside the 30 yards Circle.  This rule is basically by considering the 11 players a side.

If a team is playing with 9 players, still 2 fielder be allowed in the first power play or no fielders were allowed.  Please clarify.

Thanks & B. Regards,

K.P.Rao.

Answer
this is a matter for the people who set the special regulations for that particular competition.

i would always urge them to use words that do cater for less than 11 players.

hopefully the rule would say "not more than 2 players outside circle" rather than "at least 9 players inside circle"

Cricket

Colin Pearson