Cricket/Reg. : BCCI Cricket Umpire Exam.

Question
Respected Sir,

My Name is Jatin Paneria. My age is 35 and I am from Valsad district (State: Gujarat). Sir, I have gone through the website and somehow been able to find the expert like you.

Sir, I have recently registered with GCA Umpire Academy run by Mr. Amish Saheba at Ahmedabad. I went to Ahmedabad for 4 days' seminar and I have also passed the exam by getting 90 marks.

I am more and more interested in the game of cricket and wish to be a good cricket umpire in the future. I have read in your article on internet that BCCI cricket umpire exam was last held in 2011-12. So, I think BCCI may conduct next exam in a year or two.

Sir, I also want to attend the BCCI level exam and want to reach at the highest level of cricket umpiring.

Sir, congrats for all your achievements you got in your cricketing career.

Sir, I need your help and if possible please send me question papers of BCCI level exam so that I can study at home and if any doubt, I can contact you. I want to improve and expand my knowledge as an umpire by clearing more and more exams and study.

Looking forward for your positive reply.

Thanks & Regards

JATIN R. PANERIA
from :- Valsad (Gujarat)
My contact Number :- 9825290931

Answer
Dear Jatin,

First of all let me congratulate for your efforts to go and attend 4-day seminar at Ahmedabad, conducted by Mr. Amish Saheba, who is my bank's colleague and a very good friend of mine. He is as brilliant as ever.

Now I presume you have acquired all basic knowledge of umpiring as you have obtained 90% marks. BCCI Level-1 exam is very much expected any time this year but the recent BCCI issues have made this impossible. Let there be new elected BCCI committees. whosoever comes into the office, they will make all positive efforts in this direction. You have to be patient. Wait and watch, before you get an opportunity. Meanwhile concentrate on reading and understanding Laws with Law No. 43 Common Sense. Just note down anything you have not understood regarding Laws, get back to me for any questions, I will try to help you in getting your exam cleared as and when it is held.

So be serious and work with all devotion and passion.

With best wishes,

Suhas Sapre (Baroda 22122014)

Cricket

Suhas L Sapre