Cricket/cricket net runrate

we are playing an ksca 5th division league.i will give the details of scores please give us the net runrate and its calucation.

1st match

Team A  251 for 7 in 50 over
Team B  251 all out in 48.1overs  match ends in a tie.

2nd match
Team A  gets walk over and wins the match

3 rd match

Team B scores 259 in 50 overs and take the oppenents out for 74 in 20 overs. and wins the match.

4th Match

Team B gets the opponents all out for 81 in 24 overs and scores 87for 3 in 12.3 overs and wins the match.

5th Match

Team A gets the opponents out 129 in 30 overs and scores 130 runs for 6 in 15.1 overs. and wins the match.

The question is both team A and Team B have 5 points each in league stage only one team can qualify for knock out stage.

With team A and Team B have equal points and the match between Team A and Team B has ended in an Tie. How do you calucate the net runrate in this senirio?
please clarify weather the scores of tie match is taken into accout for calucating the net runrate.

Thank you

DR.N.Chaitanya babu

Respected Dr Chaitanya Babu,

First of all your question is not clear, as most of the times you have not mentioned the name of the team, rather then mentioning opponents. From this I  cannot make out which team lost or won the match. Secondly the walk over match is not considered for net run rate. Only those matches played out and have clean result can be considered for net run rate. More over while calculating net run rate you have to consider following things which will help yourself to carry out this job of net run rate.

While calculating net run rate:

Net Run Rate (NRR) is a statistical method used in analyzing team work and/or performance in the sport of cricket. It is the most commonly used method of ranking teams with equal points in limited overs league competitions, analogous to goal difference in association football.

The net run rate in a single game is the average runs per over that a team scores, minus the average runs per over that is scored against them. The net run rate in a tournament is the average runs per over that a team scores across the whole tournament, minus the average runs per over that is scored against them across the whole tournament.[1] Note this is not usually the same as the average of the net run rates from the individual matches in the tournament.

NET RUN RATE =   Total Runs Scored          Total runs conceded
         _________________   minus       ____________________

Total overs faced          Total overs bowled

When the team is all out in less then number of overs allotted to them, you have to take into account the whole number of overs. For example if a team is all out in 47.2 overs you have to take in to account all 50 overs, but not in case of when team is not all  out.

Hope you will get back to me after studying the above rules.

With best wishes,

Suhas Sapre (Baroda 23/03/2014)

Suhas L Sapre

I can help to give all questions regarding cricket laws, rules on both umpiring and cricket scoring. It will be a great pleasure to help any candidate who wants to clear the exam of BCCI. I can guide him how the questions are asked and the way they should be replied. I can also conduct classes for Cricket umpiring and scoring anywhere. I look forward to educate and promote local umpires in the days to come. I would help them to get through BCCI Level 1 exam.

I have been a state panel cricket umpire and doing umpiring for last 40 years and also a BCCI official national scorer since 2004, having done many International ODIs played at Baroda and many first class matches in Baroda. I have passed many state panel exams in both categories.

I was serving with State Bank of India, as an Officer, posted at Bodeli branch, some 65 Kmts from Baroda, having taken promotion in August 2012. I was thereafter transferred to Pavi Jepur Br, some 90 kmts from Baroda on 20/12/2013. Recently I have taken VRS from Bank as after becoming an officer I was facing lot of problems regarding leave to attend BCCI matches as a scorer and also Local umpiring and thus hampering my sporting activities. Now to enable me to spare more time for my passion, I have opted for VRS and was relieved on 30/01/2016 and now will look forward to enjoy my passion in the remaining years.Look forward to remain busy with cricketing activities for next one decade and more.Look forward to help my cricket colleagues. Look forward to give off my best services to my passion, which has taught me many more things and now I feel I must contribute towards the local cricket association, i.e. Baroda Cricket Association with all love and enthusiasm in the coming years.I feel proud to take VRS for the sake of my passion. Its a great feeling that I have taken a bold decision in the wake of my passion which has given me enjoyment and physical fitness to enjoy the game of cricket in the the days to come. Now I feel myself as a free bird and no tension. Look forward to help budding umpires.

Earlier I used to write in local newspaper but thereafter time has not permitted me to do so. I give my views over the controversial topic.

I am a degree holder of Commerce and having a reputed banking job in Baroda. Recently due to some personal problems and to fulfil my love and passion for the game of cricket I have opted volunteer retirement from the Bank service to enable me to do BCCI matches as an Official scorer in first class matches. Taking promotion in Bank and expecting leave for the matches was a major problem and that is one of the reasons to quit bank ahead of cricket.

I have passed several examination of cricket umpiring at State levels. I passed Mumbai cricket Association as well as Baroda Cricket Associations state exams. I had also cleared national written test of BCCI, but unfortunately sheer bad luck in viva and practical. I have also stood first in the Scorers' state level examinations at Saurashtra, exam conducted by Saurashtra Cricket Association and also stood first in Mumbai Cricket Association's Scorers' exam. I further cleared the BCCI national exam in the year 1994 held at Ahmedabad. In all I have officiated as an Umpire in more than 3500 matches, including T20, ODI, 3-4-5/days matches, 6-aside, double wicket tournaments, single wicket tournaments, and many more festival events and charity matches. I have also officiated as an official scorer in many first class cricket matches as well as almost all ODI matches played at the IPCL/ Reliance Cricket ground in Baroda. In all I have officiated as an official scorer in not less than 300 matches. I have been appointed a Sports Secretary of SBI in Baroda (2010 to 2012) I have been elected as one of the Umpires' committee of Baroda Cricket Association on 23.04.2012 Looking forward to take care of local umpires and will try to educate them. Recently I was privileged to conduct a 3-day cricket Umpires seminar on 7 to 9 September, 2012 along with Shri Sanjay Hazare, BCCI Elite panel cricket umpire. This was my first ever experience to conduct a seminar, which had almost 60 participants. I am thankful to the Baroda Cricket Association for giving me this opportunity. I have been honoured on many occasions with awards and certificates for my best umpiring. Recently on 13th February, 2014, I was invited as a Chief Guest by Amrut School in Halol, to celebrate the Annual Sports Day of their school.