Cricket/GCA

Question
QUESTION: Hi Sir, here Swapnil again......

Sir, I got information about Gujarat Cricket Association Umpire's Institute, Ahmadabad from your one of the answers.... I searched and read all the information about the way they conduct seminars for fresher's.

Sir, I am willing to join to join the seminars, and will join the course for 15 days or a month or so.. But I didn't found the dates of the next seminars... Once I called the GCA Office but, no response was there at all....

If I got the chance to join the seminar there, I will definitely join it with no hesitation. But some doubts are there... They are as follows:
       a. What will I gain after attending the seminar about Umpiring in the professional life..?
       b. What will be the difference in my curriculum vitae after seminars.?
       c. Why should I attend such seminars..?   
       d. Will my Maharashtra Cricket Association will give me permission to join such courses?

Sir, will you please let me know some of the members whom will I personally contact or email them to get more details about the seminar? And some tips that I should be prepared before attending such seminars....

Thank You Sir,
Swapnil...............

ANSWER: Dear Swapnil,

Thanks for your series of queries and that you would like to know the benefits after attending seminar and becoming an umpire.

Just think yourself when you were brought up by your parents and whatever path of education you have had selected, you just would have thought of positive results out of it. But you never know the results without sawing the seeds. These all are additional achievement you may come across in life. But when one takes up playing cricket, he would never have thought that he would become Sachin Tendulkar, but other than that you still learn and gain lot of things out of it. I always believe in personal career first and anything afterwards. So be safe on your personal career, which will give you all luxuries in life, besides winning bread and butter for you.  It is said in GEETA (By Lord Krishna) Karam kiyeja, Fal ki Iccha mat kar ae Insaan, Jaise karam karega vaise fal dega Bhagwan". So never think of fruits rather than putting efforts in your achievements and try to think positive always. Negative thoughts may mar your career, so always take up any thing with positive thoughts. But efforts must be in train to reach the goal.

So, just go ahead with positive ideas and attend the seminar, which will help you to share lot of ideas and interpretations of the laws with hundreds of different minds. Seminar will help you to acquire lot of umpiring skill and you will come across lot of new people with whom you will happen to share your thoughts in future. Playing cricket is not to become Sachin, doing Umpiring is not to become professional umpire for bread and butter, but it will gain you lot of things in life. Playing cricket is not enough to stand as an Umpire, it is your love and passion of the game, that is required to turn your hobby into profession. If you finish playing cricket at national level, you will end your career in cricket there only. but if you like to stay in the game of cricket, it is only umpiring that will keep you with the game and you will enjoy the game very closely. This is the only game in which umpire enjoys so closely, watching greatest of cricketers, playing in front of you.

I hope you got all your answers and you will decide accordingly. So just decide yourself what to do and what are your physical abilities. So whatever you do don't think of results. Mostly you can take the guidance of best of your personal known astrologer.

With best wishes,

Suhas Sapre (Baroda 18/05/2014)

QUESTION: Its fixed from my side to join the Gujarat Cricket Association.

Sir, will you please let me know any member of GCA whom will I personally contact or email them to get more details about the seminars and dates?

Please Sir......

Thank You...

Answer
Dear Swapnil,

Thanks for your query, you can contact our International Cricket umpire from Gujarat Cricket Association for further inquiry. He is Mr. Amish Saheba and his personal cell no is.

9825555012. You can give my reference as we are in the same institute (SBI).

Hope he will help you for further guidance. Thanks

Suhas Sapre (Baroda 01/06/2014)

Cricket

Suhas L Sapre