Cricket/D/L

Question
Sir Swapnil again.....,
Sir I understood about Duckworth - Lewis rule and even the table and its calculations. I have even downloaded the Duckworth - Lewis Application for the smart phone.... It's become easy  to calculate the score at various time period of the match..
Sir consider one example:
On 18 May 2003, Lancashire played Hampshire in the National League. Rain before play reduced the match to 30 overs each. Lancashire batted first and scored 231-4 from their 30 overs. Hampshire's innings was then further reduced to 28 overs.

Total resources available to Lancashire(R1) 30 overs and 10 wickets   75.1%
Total resources available to Hampshire (R2) 28 overs and 10 wickets   71.8%

Hampshire's par score   231 x R2/R1 = 231 x 71.8/75.1   220.850 runs

Hampshire's target was therefore 221 to win (in 28 overs), or 220 to tie. They were all out for 150, giving Lancashire victory by 220 − 150 = 70 runs.

I understood, the way problem has solved. I am having the doubt that how the values 75.1% or 71.8% derived from???

How to calculate it...???
Is there any formulae for that to get 75.1% or 71.8% as answer??

Sir please reply me...............

Thank You...............................

Answer
The tables were compiled using statistics from a very large number of matches over several years.

they then applied a number of very sophisticated statistical techniques, some of which i learned at university but have now forgotten!  there is no simple formula.

Cricket

Colin Pearson