Cricket/6 or No 6

Question
Sir,

After the ball is hit high in the air, the fielder, standing near to the boundary line, runs out of the field of play, stands there for a while.  The moment the ball comes closed to him, he jumps in the air, catches the ball and throws back inside the field of play, before he lands on the field (still outside the boundary).

Should it be considered 6 or No 6?

In my opinion, since fielder goes out of the field of play after the ball is hit, he should be treated as out of the game and then the subsequent action of catching the ball in the air and throwing it into the field should be considered invalid.  And declare the ball as 6, as it falls in the hand of a fielder standing outside the boundary, who is not a part of the game. (as good as catching the ball in full, by any Spectator sitting in the stand)

Am I right?

Await yours..
Await yours.

Answer
The fielder is still part of the game - he is allowed outside the boundary.

Law 32.3
Law 19.4

both talk about a catch being valid if (amongst other things)
".... the first contact with the ball is by a fielder, .... whose final contact with the ground before touching the ball was entirely within the boundary."

Clearly in your case that does not apply and hence a boundary six should be awarded.

Cricket

Colin Pearson