Cricket/Striker with runner4

With reference to your previous explanation on my asked question subject to Striker with Runner you answered as follow.
Principles-The sequence is important.
Consider the striker first, noting that he cannot "run"
If the ball is only handled by the keeper and if it is    
          a fair ball (or a Wide) he can be stumped.     
         a No Ball, he cannot be Run Out because he is not "running"
If the ball is handled by any other fielder, then he is Run Out irrespective of fairness if delivery.
Only then do we need to consider the runner.
If he is out of his ground, then Run Out.
But Law 2.8 (e) state that on fair delivery if Runner is within his ground, The Injurred striker will be out stumped if he is out of ground & wicket at striker's end is fairly put down by wicket keeper.If both Runner & Injured striker are out of ground then he is out as Run Out. Is this true? Or Is there any contradiction with this law & your stated principle? Pl explain me so that I will get detail knowlege in case of Striker with Runner.

Law 2.8(e) says that the Striker may be stumped BUT Law 39 says that he cannot be Stumped off a No Ball.

ELSEWHERE it makes it clear that he can only be Run Out if he is attempting a run.  When he is injured and has a runner, then he himself cannot be considered to be running.

If it is a fair delivery and both are out of their ground then the first offence is the Striker being Stumped.  

Colin Pearson

Cricket umpiring and scoring. I can answer questions on MCC Laws of Cricket but not ICC and other special regulations, which are frequently changing. I cannot answer questions on careers as a cricket umpiring. For details of courses, visit (anywhere that has advertised), (UK only)

I passed The Association of Cricket Umpires and Scorers Full membership examinations in 1961 and have been an instructor since 1973, and examiner since 1977 and have undergone the first stage training as an Umpire Assessor for ECB Association of Cricket Officials. I was Chairman of Training Board for ACU&S from 1981 to 1997.

ECB Association of Cricket Officials British Computer Society Society of Expert Witnesses Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Rotary International

MA Hons Cantab 1966 DMS Part 1, 1975 Enterprise Reader (rtd), Staffordshire University)

Taylor Scholarship 1963 Life Vice President ACU&S 1998