Cricket/About Career Scorers / Umpires

Question
Respected..
Sir
I am From Pithoragarh, Uttrakhand,
Age-24
On June 30 2015,  I will be 25..
Educational Qualification B.Sc. (Graduation)
I want become an international cricket Scorer/
Umpire..
I Have A Huge passion to become a scorer/
umpire
but Sir I am in confusion??
So Sir..
My question to you about the career of scorer or
umpire?
Q.1- Which career is best for me & Why?
Please Sir answer me in details.!
Sir As I Know that..Delhi is not so far from
Uttrakhand, so I will
have to go Delhi for contact to cricket academy
(for registration)
after registration...
Q.2- When exam conducted by local association /
BCCI (level-1/2 etc.) for scorer & umpires in every
year?
Q.3- Sir what I will have to study for preparing the
exam / Syllabus ?
Q.4- What is the selection criteria of this after
passing the exam?
Q.5- Selection procedure for its.. from national to
international scorer / umpire?
Q.6- Also Sir tell me.. how many long time
processing for become an international scorer /
umpire?
Q.7- Salary for Scorers / Umpires in national &
International levels?
Q.8- What are the facing problems during this
career for me?
Sir My English knowledge is not so bad as well as
not so well.. i.e. medium level..
So Well English Knowledge should be necessary
for scorer / umpire?
I Hope Sir Your Answer Will be coming soon with
politely..
Thank You Sir"

Answer
Dear Prakash Singh,

It seems you are very much keen to know everything at one go. May be that you like to scale the ladder at one jump. Let my try to brief you over all your queries in order.It is as if you are from media taking my interview

Q.1- Which career is best for me & Why?

Choice is yours, but you can try both the assignments, both will help you to earn your bread and butter. Both job are touch and different. But there is little recognition to the scorers rather than umpires. Umpire is a key job to remain in centre of the game and enjoy the game from very close. Both these assignments, means you are a moot spectator and even if you enjoy the game you are not clapping for anything exciting from your favourite cricketers.

Q.2- When exam conducted by local association
year?

There is no guarantee lot will depend on your luck. But better to remain in touch with the local cricket association and remain in touch with latest changing rules of the game. Do your job, grab the opportunity when it comes and knocks your doors. But you should always remain well prepared.

exam / Syllabus ?

Read and understand the 42 Laws by using Law No. 43 Common Sense. Merely reading Laws and putting it on papers, will not serve your purpose. You need to read and understand the Laws and if you have played cricket, it will help you to follow the rules of the game comfortably.

passing the exam?

As of now, you have to join the local umpiring seminar and you will get an opportunity to appear in the exam, and you should obtain 90% marks in both theory and practical.

international scorer / umpire?

You must qualify in state level and should get prepared for the BCCI Level-1 and Leve-2 exams before you are posted in BCCI matches. After doing certain number of matches in first class cricket, you will be put in Elite club and would get a chance to represent the country and on the basis of your performances, you will get ODI & Test matches assignments.

umpire?

10 May be 15 years, it will take to reach your goal.

International levels?

Umpire are paid Rs. 50,000/- to 60,000/- for BCCI first class matches, and Re. 1 lac to 1.50 lac per day in ODI and Test matches.

career for me?

You need to be low profile. You must make some senior umpire your Mentor, you need to stand in
local matches for practical experience.

You must acquire good skill in communication, and must have good command over English language. You must have good writing practice. You should know the way the answers are written.

Hope this will help you. But I request you to ask only one question at a time.

Regards.

/
S/uhas Sapre (Baroda )

Cricket

Suhas L Sapre