A bowler realese a bowl after hitting on pitch and outside edge of bat it hit on keper galoves and goes in air a fielder run and catch it by making a daiy when fielder was falling on ground in excitement he throw the bowl in air after throwing the bowl he fall on ground is it out or not out?

Sorry about delay - original email seems to have gone astray.

MCC Law 32.3(a) .....catch completed ... "... End when fielder has complete control both over the ball and over his own movement.

Judging from your description, he had control over ball - umpire would need to judge whether he had control over his own movement.

Colin Pearson

Cricket umpiring and scoring. I can answer questions on MCC Laws of Cricket but not ICC and other special regulations, which are frequently changing. I cannot answer questions on careers as a cricket umpiring. For details of courses, visit (anywhere that has advertised), (UK only)

I passed The Association of Cricket Umpires and Scorers Full membership examinations in 1961 and have been an instructor since 1973, and examiner since 1977 and have undergone the first stage training as an Umpire Assessor for ECB Association of Cricket Officials. I was Chairman of Training Board for ACU&S from 1981 to 1997.

ECB Association of Cricket Officials British Computer Society Society of Expert Witnesses Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Rotary International

MA Hons Cantab 1966 DMS Part 1, 1975 Enterprise Reader (rtd), Staffordshire University)

Taylor Scholarship 1963 Life Vice President ACU&S 1998