Cricket/Law 19.7 of Laws of Cricket

Dear Sir,

In which Year the Law 19.7(Overthrow or wilful act of fielder) is incorporated in the "MCC Laws of Cricket"?

The earliest reference I can find is 1947 code Law 20 although the excellent book "Next Man In" by Gerald Brodribb (1953 edition) does refer to a possible incident with W G Grace.  However there was nothing specific in previous editions of the MCC Laws.

Colin Pearson

Cricket umpiring and scoring. I can answer questions on MCC Laws of Cricket but not ICC and other special regulations, which are frequently changing. I cannot answer questions on careers as a cricket umpiring. For details of courses, visit (anywhere that has advertised), (UK only)

I passed The Association of Cricket Umpires and Scorers Full membership examinations in 1961 and have been an instructor since 1973, and examiner since 1977 and have undergone the first stage training as an Umpire Assessor for ECB Association of Cricket Officials. I was Chairman of Training Board for ACU&S from 1981 to 1997.

ECB Association of Cricket Officials British Computer Society Society of Expert Witnesses Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Rotary International

MA Hons Cantab 1966 DMS Part 1, 1975 Enterprise Reader (rtd), Staffordshire University)

Taylor Scholarship 1963 Life Vice President ACU&S 1998