Cricket/Beamers + Bowler change in an over

Scenario: Bowler A bowls 2 beamers (above waist height full-toss) and 1 bouncer (receives 1st bouncer warning) in the course of bowling his first 3 bowls. He stands disqualified to bowl for the rest of the match. Bowler B completes the remaining 3 balls but bowls another bouncer.

1. Will the 2nd bouncer (bowled by bowler B) be considered a No-Ball?
2. Will the 3 ball over by Bowler B be considered a full over?
3. If Bowler B bowls another 3 ball over to complete an incomplete over by another bowler (say Bowler C) will the two half overs considered as full overs or just 1 over?

I am uncertain of Bowler B's bouncer status as this will depend on the exact wording of competition regulations.  However under MCC Laws, this would simply be considered as his first bouncer and not penalised unless the umpire considered it dangerous.

Bowler B's 3 balls will be counted as an over if there is a limited number of overs to be bowled by each bowler.  Statistically it will count as 3 balls on his season's record.

A separate 3 balls by Bowler B will again be considered as a full over as part of his allocation within that match.

Colin Pearson

Cricket umpiring and scoring. I can answer questions on MCC Laws of Cricket but not ICC and other special regulations, which are frequently changing. I cannot answer questions on careers as a cricket umpiring. For details of courses, visit (anywhere that has advertised), (UK only)

I passed The Association of Cricket Umpires and Scorers Full membership examinations in 1961 and have been an instructor since 1973, and examiner since 1977 and have undergone the first stage training as an Umpire Assessor for ECB Association of Cricket Officials. I was Chairman of Training Board for ACU&S from 1981 to 1997.

ECB Association of Cricket Officials British Computer Society Society of Expert Witnesses Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Rotary International

MA Hons Cantab 1966 DMS Part 1, 1975 Enterprise Reader (rtd), Staffordshire University)

Taylor Scholarship 1963 Life Vice President ACU&S 1998