Cricket/i want to know for information

Question
sir we played cricket today without bails . i was the batsman played the ball on the time of hiting the ball, i heard the sound of stump fall down due to air so i appealed no ball(dead ball) but the hited ball was caught by the feilder if it is out or dead ball please reply me immediately

Answer
A very interesting question.

If the wicket is broken before you receive the delivery, then the umpire should call "Dead Ball" and have it bowled again.

If he does not do so, then the ball is still in play.

If you are distracted by the stump (or bail if used) falling OR any other factor, then you should immediately step away and not attempt to play the ball.  The umpire should then call "Dead Ball".

If you do hit the ball, then you are deemed to have played whilst it is still live and, consequently can be out caught.

A "No Ball" is when the bowler oversteps the crease or throws the ball or there is another infringement by a fielder or wicket keeper.

Cricket

Colin Pearson