Cricket/Noball

Question
Dear sir,
I am a Slow right arm spinner ,i have bowled aflighted delivery which bounces
in front of batsmen and ball goes at his shoulder height.should this called
a No ball.

Answer
I wonder whether there is some confusion between the two parts of Law 42.6.

For convenience, I will refer to your deliveries as BOUNCERS, which pitch in front of striker and rear up high.  The other case is BEAMERS, whereby the ball does not touch the ground.

In all cases, the umpire has to judge the height of the ball as it crosses the Popping Crease in relation to the height of the striker standing UPRIGHT.

As regards your BOUNCERS,
Law 42.6 (a) covers  Bowling of fast short pitched balls saying at (ii)  Any delivery which, after pitching, passes or would have passed over head height ... shall be called a No Ball - it is not clear whether this includes slow ball BUT I think it would be physically impossible to bounce a slow ball so high!

Law 42.6 (b) covers BEAMERS,
and I think this is where the confusion arises
(ii) A slow delivery which passes or would have passed on the full above shoulder height of the striker standing upright at the popping crease is to be deemed dangerous and unfair, whether or not it is likely to inflict physical injury on the striker..... shall be called a No Ball.

I hope this helps.  

Cricket

Colin Pearson