Cricket/Caught out2

Question
Respected Sir, If a ball delivered by bowler, not being a No ball,is strucked by strike's bat and without grounding thereafter hits on bowler's end wicket, then further without grounding get deflected into the hands of fielder, whether striker will be dismissed caught  out or not on appealing?

Answer
Law 32.1. Out Caught

The striker is out Caught if a ball ... touches his bat ... and is subsequently held by a fielder as a fair catch ... before it touches the ground.

Law 32.3.
<It is a fair catch if>

(d) a fielder catches the ball after it has touched an umpire, another fielder or the other batsman.

However, it is not a fair catch if at any time after having been struck by the bat and before a catch is completed the ball has touched a protective helmet worn by a fielder.

(f) the ball is caught off an obstruction within the boundary that has not been designated a boundary by the umpires before the toss.

PREVIOUSLY Law 23 was explicit in saying that the ball is NOT dead if a wicket is broken unless a batsman is out as a result.  It is now implicit.

Cricket

Colin Pearson