Cricket/Fielder Absent (Law 2.5)

Question
Sir,

A fielder is absent for 14 minutes from the field of play and the batting side (say Team X) is all out and has been asked to follow the innings.  After the interval between the innings, Team X comes to bat again.  
After 20 minutes of play, that absent fielder now comes on to the field of play with umpire's consent.

How much time will he have to wait before to bowl?

Answer
Law 2.5. (ii) If, in the case of a follow-on or forfeiture, a side fields for two consecutive innings, this restriction shall, ... , continue as necessary into the second innings, but shall not otherwise be carried over into a new innings.

Hence your fielder has been absent for 34 minutes of playing time and must wait for 34 more minutes.

Cricket

Colin Pearson