Cricket/Run out chance

Respected Sir, Happy new year to you!
If both bails are completely removed from the top of stumps in attempting runout which was unseccesful. Then is it necessary to replace at least one bail on top of the stumps to make secound run out attempt sucesseful, if batsman is out of ground? What is the case if there is only one stump remained in unsucessful first attempt to run out?

Law 28.1. Wicket put down
(a) The wicket is put down if ..., OR a stump is struck out of the ground...

Law 28.3. Remaking wicket
If a wicket is broken or put down while the ball is in play... Any fielder may ...
(i) replace a bail or bails on top of the stumps.
(ii) put back one or more stumps into the ground where the wicket originally stood.

Colin Pearson

Cricket umpiring and scoring. I can answer questions on MCC Laws of Cricket but not ICC and other special regulations, which are frequently changing. I cannot answer questions on careers as a cricket umpiring. For details of courses, visit (anywhere that has advertised), (UK only)

I passed The Association of Cricket Umpires and Scorers Full membership examinations in 1961 and have been an instructor since 1973, and examiner since 1977 and have undergone the first stage training as an Umpire Assessor for ECB Association of Cricket Officials. I was Chairman of Training Board for ACU&S from 1981 to 1997.

ECB Association of Cricket Officials British Computer Society Society of Expert Witnesses Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Rotary International

MA Hons Cantab 1966 DMS Part 1, 1975 Enterprise Reader (rtd), Staffordshire University)

Taylor Scholarship 1963 Life Vice President ACU&S 1998