I am Nagendra from Bangalore. The scores are level,last wicket in hand, imagine spin bowler. bowler bowls wide,batsman tries to hit and got stumped out. What should be the result?

Assuming the Umpire calls "Wide Ball" (even after the attempt at stumping), then that run is added to the score as at the instant the bowler delivered the ball.

As soon as Side B's score exceeds Side A, then the ball is deemed Dead and no further action is considered.  They have won by 1 wicket.

Colin Pearson

Cricket umpiring and scoring. I can answer questions on MCC Laws of Cricket but not ICC and other special regulations, which are frequently changing. I cannot answer questions on careers as a cricket umpiring. For details of courses, visit (anywhere that has advertised), (UK only)

I passed The Association of Cricket Umpires and Scorers Full membership examinations in 1961 and have been an instructor since 1973, and examiner since 1977 and have undergone the first stage training as an Umpire Assessor for ECB Association of Cricket Officials. I was Chairman of Training Board for ACU&S from 1981 to 1997.

ECB Association of Cricket Officials British Computer Society Society of Expert Witnesses Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Rotary International

MA Hons Cantab 1966 DMS Part 1, 1975 Enterprise Reader (rtd), Staffordshire University)

Taylor Scholarship 1963 Life Vice President ACU&S 1998