Cricket/Out bowled or not out?

Respected Sir, wether striker is out bowled or not out if, the ball having struck by bat without contact with any other fielder, hits bowler's end stump & get rebounded back again to wicket keeper's end, where the ball dislodged one of bail completely from that wicket?

Highly unlikely.  Has it actually happened?

Law 30.1(b) covers some more likely situations.

The fact that your situation is not mentioned implies that it should be out bowled!

However I would use that clause as a precedent and would give Not Out.

Colin Pearson

Cricket umpiring and scoring. I can answer questions on MCC Laws of Cricket but not ICC and other special regulations, which are frequently changing. I cannot answer questions on careers as a cricket umpiring. For details of courses, visit (anywhere that has advertised), (UK only)

I passed The Association of Cricket Umpires and Scorers Full membership examinations in 1961 and have been an instructor since 1973, and examiner since 1977 and have undergone the first stage training as an Umpire Assessor for ECB Association of Cricket Officials. I was Chairman of Training Board for ACU&S from 1981 to 1997.

ECB Association of Cricket Officials British Computer Society Society of Expert Witnesses Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Rotary International

MA Hons Cantab 1966 DMS Part 1, 1975 Enterprise Reader (rtd), Staffordshire University)

Taylor Scholarship 1963 Life Vice President ACU&S 1998