Cricket/Cricket question

I understand now runner rule is stopped. Still have a question. Striker is with runner and hit a single both runner and non Striker run for a single. Non sticker is short of the ground and keeper dislodged bail. Meanwhile at the batting crease sticker is out of crease. In this scenario who will be out, injured sticker or the non striker? Final scene is non sticker reached the crease although he is out but sticker is not inside crease. Need to who is out, please answer.

Runners are still part of most cricket.

If wicket is put down at keeper's end, the first question to consider is "Where is Striker?".  If he is out of ground, then Striker is Run Out irrespective of other positions.

In any other situation, ignore the Striker and just consider the other two as normal batsmen.

Colin Pearson

Cricket umpiring and scoring. I can answer questions on MCC Laws of Cricket but not ICC and other special regulations, which are frequently changing. I cannot answer questions on careers as a cricket umpiring. For details of courses, visit (anywhere that has advertised), (UK only)

I passed The Association of Cricket Umpires and Scorers Full membership examinations in 1961 and have been an instructor since 1973, and examiner since 1977 and have undergone the first stage training as an Umpire Assessor for ECB Association of Cricket Officials. I was Chairman of Training Board for ACU&S from 1981 to 1997.

ECB Association of Cricket Officials British Computer Society Society of Expert Witnesses Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Rotary International

MA Hons Cantab 1966 DMS Part 1, 1975 Enterprise Reader (rtd), Staffordshire University)

Taylor Scholarship 1963 Life Vice President ACU&S 1998